Our cyber chapter allows Veterans to enroll in the G4V program free of charge and complete 11 weekly on-line private lessons. These lessons are individualized and designed to help Veterans learn guitar at their own pace. Upon completing our 11-week program, Veterans will receive a new acoustic guitar and all of the accessories needed to continue playing the instrument.
As a Guitars for Vets Cyber Chapter Student, you agree to:
1. Attend 11 lessons as scheduled.
2. Log in to a designated on-line platform at the time of you lesson. If you are more than 10 minutes late, you understand this will be considered an unexcused absence.
3. Treat instructors and others involved with the Guitars for Vets Program with courtesy and respect.
4. Inform instructors at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend a weekly lesson. You understand that this will count as an excused absence unless you do not inform your instructor within 24 hours, in which case this will count as an unexcused absence.
5. Two unexcused absences may be grounds for dismissal from the program.
6. Two or more excused absences will initiate a review by the Cyber Chapter Coordinator and Instructor to determine whether it is reasonable for you to continue with the program.
7. Guitars for Vets is not providing any medical or mental health treatment and is not responsible for any problems you may believe you experience because of your participation in the program.
Registration for Guitars for Vets’ Cyber Chapter will open on the first day of every month and remain open each month until we have reached full capacity. If registration is closed at any point during the month, please check back on the first day of the following month.*If you are within 40 miles of a chapter, you may not qualify for the Cyber Chapter. To check if there is a chapter near you, please CLICK HERE
1. Proof of Veterans status.
2. A PRACTICE GUITAR AND GUITAR ACCESSORIES. *At the end of the 11 lessons, you will receive a new acoustic guitar. However, you must have a practice guitar to use for the first 11 lessons.
3.. Basic knowledge of technology and familiarity with Google.
4. Access to iPad/laptop/desktop with camera/mic and internet capabilities.
5. Availability on the same day and time every week for 11 weeks.
6. No experience or ‘beginner’ level guitar experience highly preferred.