Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Guitars for Vets.
The local Chapter Coordinator administers Guitars for Vets volunteers at existing chapters. Your first step would be to contact them at the email listed on our Find A Chapter page to arrange an in-person interview.
There are several opportunities available to volunteer within a chapter such as instructing, fundraising, assisting at events; as these roles vary for each chapter the Coordinator will be able to explain them to you more specifically during your interview.
Here are the important things to consider pertaining to ALL Guitars for Vets volunteers.
- G4V volunteers are non-compensated
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You will need to fill out a G4V application and provide an official photo ID
- You must be willing to submit to and pass a background check – there is no cost to the volunteer
- At chapters located at VA facilities, the VA will administer this check
- At chapters not located at VA facilities, G4V will arrange for this check
- If your chapter is located at a VA facility, you will need to become an official VA volunteer and
while the requirements vary per location, they may include the following – these are
administered by the VA and there is no cost to the volunteer
- Submit to and pass a background check
- Take up to two TB tests
- Attend a Voluntary Services Orientation
- You must be able to provide your own transportation to the chapter location
- We do not reimburse for travel expenses
If you are looking to start a new chapter, please review the HOW DO I START A NEW CHAPTER page for additional information.
Thank you again for your interest and support.